The Receiving End
Have you ever felt angry at a person for something they may have done or said to you? Do you have hatred in your heart for them, or something close to it? Or maybe you have said you have forgiven them for what they’ve done to you, but the memories of the situation(s) keep playing back in your mind constantly. Have you given up on the person altogether and plainly said, “They’re dead to me?”
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,
but against principalities, against powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world,
against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Who should you be angry with?
It is not the person you should be angry with; they are being used by the devil to discourage you, keep you down, and move your focus off God and on the situation.
The thief (the devil) cometh not, but for to steal,
and to kill, and to destroy:
I am come that they might have life,
and that they might have it more abundantly.
First, he (the devil) steals your joy because you build up anger, and the first reaction is to give the person who angered you a piece of your mind or to order up some payback.
STOP, Don’t do it!
The second part says to kill. The devil knows the right people to hurt you. When those people hurt you it causes one of the biggest killers to act in your life, Stress. He also comes to destroy. Stress causes a multitude of health issues to chip slowly away at you mentally, emotionally, and physically.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY! He doesn’t leave you alone, but He said He came to give you life, which is the exact opposite of what the devil wants for you. You don’t have to live angrily and defeated, you can rest in God. You have to fight back! BUT HOW?
Ephesians 6:13 says, “Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.”
1. Loins girt about with truth. Be truthful at all times, you can’t go about spreading lies and rumors about the person to make yourself feel better and to shame them.
2. Breastplate of righteousness. Regardless of what a person has done to you, still to conduct yourself in an orderly manner. The Bible says to be angry and sin not. (Ephesians 4:26)
3. Feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. Because you have identified the source, you can have peace knowing the real issue is not the situation presented, but put in place to separate you from God.
4. Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. Thank you, Lord! Believe God will take you through when the enemy tries to put a dent in you. Someone throws whatever dart your way (lies, discouragement, deceit, backstabbing, abandonment, rape, molestation, discredit, etc..) cannot prosper in your life.
5. The helmet of Salvation. Know whose you are. You belong to God and He has delivered you from doing anything unworthy.
6. Sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Stay in the word of God. Believe it, or not, it’s not just a book. It is your lifeline.
Pray For All
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints:
Father God, we thank you for Your delivering power. Thank you for helping us to realize it is the devil working his schemes through our fellow brothers and sisters to take our focus from you. We ask you to take away the hatred festering in our hearts and the stress. Forgive us of our sins, in Jesus’ name we pray. Amen